DUTY LOCATION: Kathmandu VALID DATE: March 2, 2021
The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) will be responsible for financial management of BNMT operations including grant management of various funding arrangements, ensuring the provision of adequate financial support to the organization’s operating programme, implementation and monitoring of financial control procedures, control of assets, compliance with the legal requirements and both statutory and management financial reporting etc. The position reports to the Finance Manager based in Head Office Kathmandu.
• Effective budgetary and financial controls, including the monitoring of expenditures and the reporting and investigation of significant budget variances;
• Reconcile of the field office expenditure report with the grant reports and oversee any inconsistencies that may exist;
• Maintenance of flow of grant, as well as BNMT Nepal project expenditures information and sharing this with Finance Manager, as well as with concerned Programme Managers and program officers;
• Review of budgets, budget notes, justification, budget revisions and proposal to the Finance Manager;
• Actively participate in developing proposals for fundraising;